Umeå is one of Sweden's fastest growing towns.
This beautiful place offers world-class art, drama, films and music. The cost of living is low compared to the rest of Sweden, while Umeå's vibrant nightlife and high standard of living makes it a fantastic place to live.
Did you know that...?
- Umeå's population has one of the lowest average ages in the whole of Sweden?
- Umeå University is ranked in the top 1% of universities in world university rankings.
- Umeå hosts 14 000 businesses and 34 759 students
- Umeå is known as the "Town of the Birches" because of the many silver birches growing in the centre of town. 2 400 to be precise!
- Umeå is a prominent gaming town with many game companies based here